Equality Analysis In-house Training (Equality Impact Assessments)
This training event starts at the ‘very beginning’ and takes delegates step by step through all the key elements of the Equality Analysis process (formerly known as Equality Impact Assessment).
The session focuses on “how to do it”. We will demystify the Equality Analysis process, assume little or no prior learning and focus on giving delegates time to debate issues, ask questions and then put into practice what they learn.
Click here to download the Course Outline
What is an Equality Analysis?
The equality impact analysis/assessment (EA) involves using equality information, and the results of engagement with protected groups and others, to understand the actual effect or the potential effect of your functions, policies or decisions.
It can help you to identify practical steps to tackle any negative effects or discrimination, to advance equality and to foster good relations.
Aims of the training
- Define Equality Analyses
- Clarify the legal framework regarding EAs
- Explain the rationale for undertaking EAs
- Explore the EA process
- Share good practice
By the end of the training you will :
- Have understood the context for Equality Impact Assessment/Analysis – as a tool for tackling institutional discrimination and improving service;
- Have looked at and worked through the stages of an initial screening
- Have considered how to use data and consultation to inform assessments; and
- Have identified the opportunities and challenges in their own area of work and planned individual next steps.
All our training is tailored to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
Click here to see our pre-course questionnaire. This will let us know the objectives you have for the training and an idea of any specific areas you want to be covered.
Once we receive this, we will be able to provide you with a course outline tailored to your needs.
How is the course taught?
This is a face-to-face course taught by experienced professionals. It offers a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
For further information, please email us or call us on 0161 763 4783.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your organisation's needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us
Our In-House course rates are as follows:
- Full day (One trainer - up to 20 participants): £795
- Half day (up to 3 hour sessions): £495
We can do 2 separate half day sessions in a full day for the full day rate
For groups of more than 20, we can provide more trainers or split the delegates into smaller groups
- Travel and subsistence costs are in addition
Please see the following documents for full details