Equality and Diversity Foundation Training Course
A one day training course designed to raise awareness of your understanding and responsibilities in relation to Equality and Diversity.
This interactive and stimulating training session is designed to concentrate on improving your knowledge of Equality and Diversity issues; We use an interactive, hands on approach whilst sharing good practice and supporting delegates to understand and apply Equality and Diversity principles within the workplace more effectively.
Click here to download the Course Outline
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at people who are looking for a basic grounding in equality and diversity issues. No previous knowledge is required. It would, for example, suit people working for organisations that provide services to local authorities and needs to evidence a knowledge of equality and diversity practices and procedures.
Overview of Training
- To raise awareness of Legislation and the different equality characteristics
- To explore how to effectively embed Equality and Diversity into everyday practice
- To examine areas of the Equality Act 2010
By the end of the training you will be:
- Familiar with the principles of equality and diversity and why they are important
- Familiar with the relevant legislation
- Familiar with organisational strategies on equality and diversity
- Familiar with organisational policies on equality and diversity
- Familiar with your rights and responsibilities
You will be awarded a Certificate on successful completion of the Course
All our training is tailored to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
Click here to see our pre-course questionnaire. This will let us know the objectives you have for the training and an idea of any specific areas you want to be covered.
Once we receive this, we will be able to provide you with a course outline tailored to your needs.
How is the course taught?
This is a face-to-face course taught by experienced professionals. It offers a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
For further information, please email us or call us on 0161 763 4783.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your organisation's needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us
Our In-House course rates are as follows:
- Full day (One trainer - up to 20 participants): £795
- Half day (up to 3 hour sessions): £495
We can do 2 separate half day sessions in a full day for the full day rate
For groups of more than 20, we can provide more trainers or split the delegates into smaller groups
- Travel and subsistence costs are in addition
Please see the following documents for full details