Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Training: Inhouse Course
This course covers the principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace including both awareness and responsibilities.
Equality and Diversity can be a sensitive subject therefore this course explores attitudes, values and belief in a safe and fair environment taking it far beyond the legislation. We look at the business, moral and legal case for equality.
What are the benefits of attending Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training?
Many employers are unaware that they are liable for the actions of their employees. Their jokes or ill-judged comments could result in a discrimination claim and cost the employer thousands of pounds.
There are things employers can do to both help their employees and protect their business. Ensuring that your organisation is compliant means giving your employees the knowledge and skills to embrace and respect differences. In this sense, Equality and Diversity training can be much more than just compliance; it can be the building blocks of a collaborative unified workforce.
We work in partnership with you to identify the required learning objectives for each course. Typically this includes an online scoping survey with delegates.
What are the aims of the training?
The training helps you to:
- Strive to achieve best practice in recruitment, retention and career progression practices as employers.
- Support the development of good diversity practice by collecting and sharing examples of practical activities that contribute to progress.
- Achieve good and exemplar practice over time
Specific learning aims include:
- To raise awareness of the nine protected characteristics within the Equality Act
- To understand the different types of discrimination
- To explore how beliefs, values and attitudes drive behaviour
- Explore and consider issues of empathy and sympathy by exploring stereotypes
- Recognising the benefits of embracing difference
- To gain an awareness of employer and employee duties in relation to Equality and Diversity, and inclusion
- To understand what ‘good practice’ means for your organisation
- To recognise individual and organisational responsibilities
All our training is tailored to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
Click here to see our pre-course questionnaire. This will let us know the objectives you have for the training and an idea of any specific areas you want to be covered.
Once we receive this, we will be able to provide you with a course outline tailored to your needs.
How is the course taught?
This is a face-to-face course taught by experienced professionals. It offers a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
For further information, please email us or call us on 0161 763 4783.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your organisation's needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us
Our In-House course rates are as follows:
- Full day (One trainer - up to 20 participants): £795
- Half day (up to 3 hour sessions): £495
We can do 2 separate half day sessions in a full day for the full day rate
For groups of more than 20, we can provide more trainers or split the delegates into smaller groups
- Travel and subsistence costs are in addition
Please see the following documents for full details