Learning Providers Network is a
National Network committed to equality, diversity and social inclusion;
supporting organisations to develop awareness, understanding and skills to promote equality and tackle discrimination.
The Learning Providers Network is for:
small work based learning organisations
social care providers
Private schools and colleges
Learning Providers Network provides for members
Membership of the Learning Providers Network offers members access to hundreds of resources, all available to download from the Network website.
Amongst other benefits, members have access to:
the Equality Review, our quarterly publication with news and features about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
free telephone and email support on any equality, diversity and inclusion matters affecting your organisation. We will be available to answer any questions you have from a teaching, learning, management or training perspective.
download any of our Equality and Diversity Posters
the Equality forum to start or join debates, promote activities or share practice.
- Minimum 15% discount off video and e-learning courses from our partner company, Skill Boosters. Free trial service before you buy.
The Network Aims:
- to promote equality and tackle discrimination based on any of the Protected Characteristics
foster good relationships between diverse groups in society
support both organisations and individuals to develop and improve their equality practice
- to offer support to individuals and the
organisation to engage in appropriate staff
development and training which increases their
ability to deliver on this agenda
What the Network does
- Draws together a wide range of information about all aspects of equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights
- Provides its members with the information, expertise and understanding they need to promote equality, tackle discrimination, and to foster good relationships between diverse groups.
- Provides a space for developing dialogue, experience, skills, understanding to improve and develop professional equality practice
- Strengthens the contribution of organisations to public policy by sharing expertise and advancing shared views
- Provides consultancy, advice and support to
What's on offer?
A wide range of resources put together to meet the needs of individuals and organisations. The needs will be met through:
to find out more about our Director, Alyson Malach
- Subsidised Professional development workshops
- Providing professional development opportunities for equality practitioners
- Networking with a wide range of professionals
- Providing a forum space to support open discussion of equality and diversity issues
- Peer support and practical advice from members
- Development of an online equality resource library
- Production of factsheets and briefing notes
- A voice for practitioners
- Developing the understanding, knowledge and skills of professionals and individuals
- Update on new and existing equality resources
- Individual and organisational advice and guidance
On the Learning Providers Network website, there is a large online
resource library. All of the resources are free to
download. Resources cover all of the Protected
The Equality Review
The Equality Review
is our quarterly publication with news and features about Equality, Diversity
and Inclusion. It was first launched in October 2010, and was developed to:
- provide an understanding of current equalities legislation
- explore good and developing practice
- explore the some of the long term and underlying causes of disadvantage that need to be addressed by education providers
- provide practical tools to implement equality into teaching, learning and everyday practice for: employers, education providers (specifically FE and WBL but where relevant including topics that support schools and other providers of teaching, learning and training)
- research areas of policy, practice and need.
- commission initiatives in order to gain a better understanding of the latest policy, practice and development.
Click here to view the October 2016 issue
Membership of the
Learning Providers Equality,
Diversity and Inclusion Network is £125 per annum - currently reduced to £95
Click here to join