The Employers Network is a
National Network committed to equality, diversity and social inclusion;
supporting organisations to develop awareness, understanding and skills to promote equality and tackle discrimination.
The Employers Network is for:
- Public Sector Organisations
- Private Sector Organisations
- Large Work Based Learning Organisations
The Employers Network for Diversity, Equality and Inclusion has been in development since 2015. We now have in place; resources, partners, materials and funding to support the work we do.
The Employer Network covers all aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion issues in the workplace and the working environment.
We focus on delivering high quality practical advice, products and services to our members.
We aim to help organisations turn theory into practice.
Working with business closely, we understand the real issues faced by employers and the barriers you come across when trying to make change happen.
What the Employers Network provides for members
Membership of the Employers Network offers members access to hundreds of resources, all available to download from the Network website.
Amongst other benefits, members have access to:
- the Equality Review, our quarterly publication with news and features about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- free telephone and email support on any equality, diversity and inclusion matters affecting your organisation. We will be available to answer any questions you have from a teaching, learning, management or training perspective.
- download any of our Equality and Diversity Posters
- Minimum 15% discount off video and e-learning courses from our partner company, Skill Boosters. Free trial service before you buy.
- Access to download Top Tip Behavioural Videos
- 5 free e-learning licences a year covering topics such as Unconscious Bias, Equality Essentials and Transgender Awareness. Full course list available upon request.
- Free pre-course and post-course e-learning for your workshop courses
- Access to video resources
- 'Buy one, get one free' on video clips for certain calendar events
- 9 Protected Characteristic Booklets - electronic copies to put on your intranet
- A quarterly EDI update
- Review of polices
- 10% discount on all training booked with us
The Network Aims:
- to promote equality and tackle discrimination based on any of the Protected Characteristics
- to foster good relationships between diverse groups in society
- to support both organisations and individuals to develop and improve their equality practice
- to offer support to individuals and the organisation to engage in appropriate staff development and training which increases their ability to deliver on this agenda
What the Network does
- Draws together a wide range of information about all aspects of equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights
- Provides its members with the information, expertise and understanding they need to promote equality, tackle discrimination, and to foster good relationships between diverse groups.
- Provides a space for developing dialogue, experience, skills, understanding to improve and develop professional equality practice
- Strengthens the contribution of organisations to public policy by sharing expertise and advancing shared views
- Provides consultancy, advice and support to member organisations
What's on offer?
A wide range of resources put together to meet the needs of individuals and organisations. The needs will be met through:
to find out more about our Director, Alyson Malach
- Subsidised Professional development workshops
- Providing professional development opportunities for equality practitioners
- Networking with a wide range of professionals
- Providing a forum space to support open discussion of equality and diversity issues
- Peer support and practical advice from members
- Development of an online equality resource library
- Production of factsheets and briefing notes
- A voice for practitioners
- Developing the understanding, knowledge and skills of professionals and individuals
- Update on new and existing equality resources
- Individual and organisational advice and guidance
On the EDI Network, there is a large online
resource library. All of the resources are free to
download. Resources cover all of the Protected
The Equality Review
The Equality Review
is our quarterly publication with news and features about Equality, Diversity
and Inclusion. It was first launched in October 2010, and was developed to:
- provide an understanding of current equalities legislation
- explore good and developing practice
- explore the some of the long term and underlying causes of disadvantage that need to be addressed by education providers
- provide practical tools to implement equality into teaching, learning and everyday practice for: employers, education providers (specifically FE and WBL but where relevant including topics that support schools and other providers of teaching, learning and training)
- research areas of policy, practice and need.
- commission initiatives in order to gain a better understanding of the latest policy, practice and development.
Click here to view the October 2016 issue
Annual membership of the Employers Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Network is:
£295 for employers with less than 250 employees
£495 per annum for employers with more than 250 employees
Click here to join